3.09.2011

Who Says

...your bouquet can't have artichokes in it?
Who Says
L-O-V-E it!

I have to tell you that artichokes are very special to me.  You see, I grew up with my family growing artichokes here in California.  I could eat artichokes every.day.of.my.life and never tire of them!  Oh yes, love them deep fried...my hips not so much, but me LOVE.  I love them marinated, and eat them right out of the jar with a fork (bad habit).  And if you have never had a wine grilled artichoke with aioli - you must try!  A little bit of heaven I tell you.  Yet, mostly growing up we just ate them plain, cut fresh from the fields, steamed and with their ends dipped in a bit of mayonnaise...might sound yucky, but don't knock it until you've tried it ;-)

I remember as kids my brother (who is 14 months older than me) and I would ride my uncle's horses, Tom and Jerry (no lie that was their names, and we didn't name them) bareback through the artichoke fields.  We used to ride out, and of course race back.  Such a vivid memory in my mind of very, very happy times.

But I am OVER THE MOON to see them making their way into the wedding world!  More and more weddings are incorporating these beauties into the decor and I couldn't be more tickled.  And in case you missed it, Jacin of Lovely Little Details did a fabulous post, that included a delicious recipe, all about artichokes and the many ways in which to incorporate them into your wedding.  Click right here to have a look-see.

P.S - Guess what I am having for dinner tonight?  Yummy!

~ Ciao

...images via wedding chicks

9 comments:

  1. yay for artichokes!!! i love the meaning behind them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one gorgeous bouquet. i must say that i'm secretly jealous {lol} of your childhood... artichoke farm, horseback riding ..wow sounds like a dream!! I'm definitely trying it wil mayo next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool - the story and the way the artichokes are incorporated into the bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this... who would have thought it would be so beautiful! definitely a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE bouquets with artichokes in them! also, centerpieces are pretty rad as well with artichokes, but you should know because i got any artichoke inspiration i have from YOU!

    so cool that you got to have so many artichokes growing up! i haven't eaten an artichoke since i was a kid...i'm dying to remember how to steam them and what not...if you have any suggestions, you know where to find me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple artichokes are my favorite accent to a bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you ARE the artichoke queen!!! I adore them in a bouquet... but unlike you not so much to eat!! I've never thought of such a thing as an artichoke farm existing!! Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete